Sunday 6 December 2009

Meeting Communication Template

--- HOSTING A MEETING OPENERS ---
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to join us for today's meeting to discuss ____.
You are all very welcome to today's meeting to discuss ____.
Thank you for taking the time to be here today to discuss ______.

Before I give you the opportunity to share with us what specifically you want to extract from today's meeting.
I will take the opportunity to share with you what our objectives for the meeting are.
Firstly, i would like to spend some time understanding your business, uncovering your information access challenges and discovering what is important to you.

Then I would like to spend some time positioning how we may be able to help in the context of that description. And get your feedback and inputs to this positioning.

Finally, I would like to put into place some next steps and action plans following on from our discussion in order to carry this momentum forward.
How does this sound to everyone? Everyone pleased with this?

--- MEETING INTRO ---
Before we kick-off, it would be useful to circle around the room to get a feeling for the different representatives joining us today and their specific interests in the topic at hand ________.
So, if we could get a
-name -role -whyhere that would be great. I can lead the charge.

[Who I am?]
Hi everyone, my name is ______ ______ .

[What I do?]
I am responsible for FAST Technical Pre-Sales @ Microsoft from an internal business productivity/partner perspective.

[Why I should be here]
The reason I am here today is to
- 1. Get a better understanding of your companies challenges around information access.
Where you are now. Where we would like to be and the current challenges keeping you from getting there.

- 2. Better understand your current Data Topology.
What types of data repositories? Types of data? Utilisation? No. documents? Volume?

- 3. Position FAST technology within that context

[Why I should be here]
The reason I am here today is to get a better understanding of the companies you work with and the industries you operate within.
Specifically,
- 1. Better understand your solution offerings
Challenges they address. Technology components they encompass.

- 2. Understand the common Challenges around information access that you encounter
What challenges do clients have? How are they addressing this today?

- 3. Position FAST technology in the context of your technology and your client pains

--- HOSTING A MEETING AGENDA ---
I hope you all got a chance to read the agenda i send yesterday.
The 3 key driving principles of the meeting are a) ..b)..c)..

I described earlier what I would like to get out of this meeting?
Just quickly re-visiting the agenda I will cover off _______,
from {representative} i would like to get. Then i would like {representative} to cover off..

if we have the following outputs in 2 hours time, by the end of the meeting we will have had a successful meeting:

The critical success factors from my perspective are a).. and b).... Would you like to share your measures of success?



--- MEETING MOMENTUM ---
[Right, OK, Yes, Sure, I agree, That is true, Oh really, I see, explain further, that is interesting, could you possibly illustrate with an example]
How would information access work for you in an ideal world?
What are your ideas/opinions/thoughts on ___?
Can you possibly elaborate on that point?
Have I got that correct?
Can you share the highlights of that conversation?
How are you currently working with that today?
If you could touch on _____ that would be great.
My understanding of that situation was that ______ is this correct? Could you assist me in correcting this?
Why in your opinion is this such a problem?
Why is that important in your opinion?
What would you say the cost of ______ is to your organisation?
Would you see that being of benefit to your organisation?
Why is that relevant to your company in your opinion?
How does that sound to you?
Can you give me some examples of___?
How would you define____?
What exactly does that mean for you?

--- MEETING PARTICIPATION ---
John, you shook your head. What exactly do you disagree with?
I would like to hear from Bill on this.
What may we be overlooking?
What don't we know that we need to know?
Is there anyone who has not weighed in on this issue?
What is your view on ..?
In your opinion, How would you like to improve?
What would it be like in an ideal world?
Would it be of benefit if you could {OUR OFFERING}?
What would the value of ______ be to your organisation?
What are some of your priorities around the product?
What are some of your challenges around ___?
What would you ideally like to change with respect to _______?


--- MEETING OUTRO ---
Thank you all for taking the time out to be here and for your constructive inputs.
Before we break, I would like to quickly playback my understanding to ensure we are fully aligned.

In terms of next steps, the actions i have captured are as follows John to {task} by {deadline}.
I think it would make sense to reconvene on ___ to assess our progress and establish resources, if any, necessary to push forward.

Does anyone have any further inputs, any objections

No comments: