Sunday 28 March 2010

How do I enjoy more?

http://www.ted.com/talks/srikumar_rao_plug_into_your_hard_wired_happiness.html

We have several MENATL MODELS that guide us.

One key model is the IF ...THEN model which asks what do I need to do in order to be happy?
IF I do this, THEN that will happen and I will be happy. I'm here, want there, these are required steps.
- This model is FLAWED - Think back 10 years to what you wanted in order to be bigger happy. Chances are you have it now! Are you completely unwaveringly happy. NO.

What happens is you change the IF. IF I have a good job (and great salary) (and bigger bonus) (and better projects).....

WE NEED TO ENJOY THE PROCESS & JOURNEY NOT THE OUTCOME.
"INVEST IN THE PROCESS NOT THE OUTCOME" which is outside our control.
Enjoy the 'PROCESS OF PROGRESSING'.

Life is filled with JOURNEYS - "Ask, is this journey taking me somewhere I want to be? If so, enjoy the journey"

"When it is over and you look in the mirror, can you safely say you gave 100% and you were the best you could be...if so you have suceeded"

"Think about a child learning to walk. Imagine what would happen if everytime the child fell they needed a counsellor because they gaveup!?"

No comments: