Thursday 29 April 2010

DEMONSTRATION COMMUNICATION TEMPLATE

Golden Rule: Alaways be looking for THE FLIP
- Before I answer, for what reasons is that important to you?
- Before I kick-off, What areas would you specifically like me to cover?
- So that I make best use of time, tell me, what are you interested in seeing specifically?


P.O.A.E.M - Problem.Our Offering.Advantage it brings.Example.Metrics

[P.O.W.H.A]
[The Problem. Our Feature. What it does. How it solves the problem. Advantage it brings.]

--- DEMO OPENING & SETTING ---
Before we run through this demo I want to first set the scene.
If you to leave with one big idea/key message let it be this:

[BOP PRI]
[Background. Objective. Problem. Pain. Resolution. Improvements.]
Background - Factiva is the world's leading provider of premium business & research information for the business and education communities.
Objective - to provide customers with relevant information to inspire their business decisions.
Problem - Information is free. Information is everywhere. We are part of the 'Google' generation.
Pain - Decreasing utilisation. Fewer sign ups. Reduced margins.
Improvements - Increased utilisation. Accelerated growth. Increased profits and reduced labour costs.

As we run through this demo ________. I want you to think about how you ______ today.

--- DEMO MESSAGES ---
In this demonstration I am going to take you through 2 user journeys. In the first journey _____.
The key messages I want you to share with you through this demo is how it is.

- More Visual than the search you are used to. This leads to quicker intelligence extraction.

- More Conversational than the search you use today. It engages you in dialogue in order to filter results from several millions to a manageable handful in a couple of clicks.

- More Actionable. The results of a search are only step one in a multi-stage process. We want to assist towards other stages in that process.


I want you to think about the key messages we discussed earlier.Search is no longer about a simply an input box and 10 blue links.
See how that is realised in this example.

--- DEMO PRIMING---
So, hopefully the demo gods are with us today and this demo responds.
As, the page is loading with results what you are going to see here is _____________.
What we are going to see here is ____.
We are going to first look at ____, then we will look at ____, and finally we will examine ______.
What we will look at in this demo is, _________.


--- HIGHLIGHT KEY STRENGTHS ---
What I want you to think about, as you watch this demo is _________.
What you are seeing here is ____________.
Notice how ___________ this enables __________.
What I would like to showcase here is. Firstly, ________ Secondly, ________ Thirdly, _______.
What I would like to highlight here is _________.
You will see here that ____________.

A key differentiator you will notice vis-a-vis _________ is that ___________. The benefit of this is ___________.
One of the most important things to realise here is that ______________.

--- HIGHLIGHT PAIN ALLEVIATION ---
You are most likely familiar with the ill-performing ___________. Now you can ________.
You probably know the frustration of ___________. Now you can ________.
You are probably familiar with the painful process of ___________. Now you can ________.
You probably know what I mean when I say _____.c

--- DEMO FEATURE CONTRASTING ---- for each feature to demo, choose competitor features
You can see here at a competitor powered site how difficult hard counter-intuitive time consuming restrictive it is to perform _____________.
Let me show you how we have made this process so much more easy more enjoyable quicker.

--- HIGHLIGHT KEY FEATURES---
What used to happen was ____________. Let me show you how we have made that process more enjoyable, enagaing, easy.

Let me show you how we can _____________.
This feature is important because _____________.
I'm going to go ahead and select ______. Now having selected ______ I see. Now this is an important insight not explicitly available ___________ only after stepping back.


I would like to highlight ___________.
What you will notice here is that _____.
Let me take you through a SCENARIO where _______.
Let's look at a sample USER JOURNEY ______. In this Journey we _______.
The really EXTRAORDINARY thing here is _________.
The AWESOME thing here is _________.
The COOL thing here is _________.
What I really love about this is _________.
What EXCITES me about this is __________.
Its INCREDIBLE how you can __________.
Its AMAZING that ________.
What I find most AMAZING about this is _______.
This is my FAVOURITE right here _____.
One of my FAVOURITE things about this is ______.
One of the features that WOWs me most is _________.

--- DEMO QUESTIONING ---
How would you see this being used in your organisation?
What elements of this would be relevant to your role, department?
Have you used such capabilities before _____?
How does this differ from your current solution?
Can you visualise how this could be applied?

--- DEMO ENGAGING ---
Ok? Yeah? Right?
Is this making sesnse?
Is this useful for you?
I can see eyes glazing over, is this overly technical?
What areas would you like to dive deeper into?
Are there any areas where you see us not fulfilling the requirements?

--- ENGAGING THE LISTENERS ---
Ok? Yeah? Right? Making Sense?
I can see eyes starting to glaze over and blank stares. Is this making sense?
I know it took me a while the first time. Don't be afraid to ask questions?
Are you getting a feeling for what it is and what it can do?
Am I making sense? Too technical? Not technical enough?

What would you like to see next?
What would you like to focus on for the remaining hour?
Is there anything you would like covered in more detail?
Are there any areas of concern where you do not believe we would be able to address your requirements?

--- EXPLAINING DIFFICULT CONCEPTS ---
Let me illustrate with an example.
Let me illustrate with an analogy.
In order for you to better grasp this, visualise for me a __________.
Think for a second of how you ____________.

--- DEMO CLOSING ---
So, what did we see there. We saw ____________.
So, in summary. The key ideas we looked at today were __________.
Before I finish I want to leave you with a call to action. The next time you __________.

So, in that demo we saw how...
That demo is a good example of how..
_________ is a good demonstartion of how..

If there is anything you should take away from this its 3 things. Firstly, _______ .
I hope this communicate 3 high level concepts. Firstly, _______ .




No comments: