Thursday 29 April 2010

How do I ensure communicate effectively?

1. PACE YOURSELF BEFORE DIVING IN WITH A RESPONSE. USE A PRIMER.
"I'm glad you asked that question..."
"[Repeat question] How would I differentiate the offerings. Well, firstly..."
"The way I see it is like this..."
"From my perspective..."
"As I see it now,.."

2. SPELL OUT WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO TALK ABOUT BEFORE HAND.
"There are 2 main reasons....A...and B...."
"There are a few different schools of thought..."
"There are several core drivers..1...2...3.."
"There are a few main things i want to talk to you about, firstly...the....."

3. CLAM, COMPOSED, SLOW, RHYTHMIC DELIVERY.
"What..we..need.. to do..is...not decrease..but rather..INCREASE...the amount of ..."


4. DON'T RUSH. ENSURE YOU FINISH.
"Just let me finish before you dive in.."
"Please have the decency to let me get my point across before you jump in.."
"Well I'm sorry for speaking while you are trying to interrupt me..."
"Have the courtesy to let me finish speaking. I'll return the favour..."
"Let me finish please! Thank you."



No comments: